Taking Stock II



Listening: to Pretend - Tinashe ft. A$AP Rocky constantly, not for any particular reason other than the song is absolutely beautiful! I've never been a fan of Tinashe and I think A$AP only sounds good in features but this combination was killer, two years down the line I'm still obsessed. 
Reading: a lot these days. I took a bit of break but I'm back. So far I have read The Thing Around Your Neck, Half of a Yellow Sun both by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (who by the way is the best thing that happened to African literature) and The Kite Runner, A Thousand Splendid Suns both by Khaled Hosseini (also super talented). All four books were great reads!
Loving: life in general, everyday is a blessing.
Still trying: to finish Grey's Anatomy (which I was supposed to finish by September), I've been procrastinating for ages but now that season 13 is out, I seriously need to pull up my socks. By the way has anyone watched Empire season 3?
Falling: so far behind in my workout plans! I've been eating super unhealthy lately. My original plan was to start eating clean from June and be at my target body by this time of the year yet I'm so far behind. I need a serious work out partner otherwise three months from now I'll be right here where I am.
 Irritated: by the behaviour of some individuals. Recently in Poland abortion was made illegal and women actually went out dressed in black to 'mourn' the fact that they would not be allowed to get rid of babies. I could go on a whole rant about this but long story short, there's no right in taking away the life of a harmless baby.
Inspired: rather drawing a lot of inspiration from Instagram. I don't think people understand how beneficial it can be to follow the right accounts and to get a stream of photos from like-minded individuals!
Drinking: a lot of coffee lately. The smell is one of the little pleasures in life that I live for!
Hating: the amount of mosquitoes that are around. I've been bitten too many times for my liking.
Using: this song as a mantra. It is so important for us to create our own happiness!

Wishing you all a great remainder of the week
Denise x 

Share this:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...