Purple Elegance



It's my birthday!
I'm so grateful for this year added to my life. Last year was definitely a growth year for me. So, to celebrate I'm going to share with you three important lessons I learnt this past year of life.
  1. Patience pays. Last year when I launched the blog, I wanted to straight away compare myself with other bloggers and be on the same level as those who've been in the game for years. But now that I look back at the growth I'm extremely proud of everything we've achieved. Baby steps.
  2. Work hard for what you want. This is something that I learnt when I was doing my exams. You reap what you sow. At the end of it all you have to explain yourself first before anyone else the results that you get out of something and the reasons why. It would be a shame if the explanation was not good enough.
  3. Self-appreciation is key. This I cannot stress enough! You absolutely have to appreciate yourself before you can expect anyone else to do it. You're not being cocky when you say that you're beautiful, or you have a nice body. You're just loving everything that you were blessed with and that is commendable. Don't let anyone steal your shine!

Those are my words of wisdom for the day so now I'll move on to this dress. I don't even know what to say about it because it portrays such timeless beauty and elegance, it just speaks for itself. I get a lot of bridesmaid vibes from this, which is ironic because I've never been a bridesmaid, maybe it's a sign?!
 I think the fact that my birthday falls on a Monday this year should mean I'm going to have a good week right? Let's hope so! I wish you all a great week.
Denise x 

Dress: Gift
Neck piece: Jewellery shop at the Hilton in town
Shoes: Gift
Purse: Old

Photography by Atieno Odingo








 

Share this:

,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...